Hello friends, you are warmly welcome to our website ilimain.com. In today’s post I am going to share with you – Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Love Romantic Kiss Good Morning Images.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Here’s a recipe for a classic pumpkin pie that serves 8-10 people.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
For the filling:
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and use a pastry blender or your fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand. Gradually add the ice water, stirring until the dough comes together.
- Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a disk. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie dish and trim the edges, leaving about 1/2 inch of overhang. Fold the overhang under and crimp the edges.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the edges with foil.
- Let the pie cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- For a more flavorful crust, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon or ginger to the flour mixture.
- To make whipped cream, beat 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- You can make the pie crust ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure to let it thaw completely before rolling it out.
I hope friends, that you have liked our today’s post. Share this post if you liked the post. And do comment.