NRMA Pet Plus Insurance Review
Who is NRMA?
NRMA is Australia’s go-to name for roadside assistance, and is a leader in home, life and auto insurance. With that in mind, it may seem like an easy decision to bundle all of your insurance needs into one package by enrolling your pet in NRMA pet insurance.
However, while NRMA Pet Plus provides a unique set of benefits for your dog or cat, it is not comprehensive pet insurance. NRMA does not offer accident and illness coverage for pets, and NRMA Pet Plus does not provide any medical benefits coverage for your pet.
NRMA Pet Cover
Bearing in mind that NRMA no longer offers traditional pet insurance, let’s do a quick rundown of what pet owners can benefit from if they choose NRMA Pet Plus or the Pet Lover’s Pack.
NRMA Pet Plus
NRMA Pet Plus is designed to cover your pet when travelling in your vehicle. While Pet plus does not provide vet cover in the event of an accident, it does offer the following:
- Should your vehicle break down while your cat or dog is travelling with you, Pet Plus will arrange to have your pet safely transported to the destination of your choice when travelling locally or interstate (limits apply).
- If you are travelling interstate, Pet Plus will cover the cost of appropriate accommodation in a kennel or boarding home while your vehicle is being repaired (limits apply).
- Lastly, Pet Plus can provide access to a national network of vets and pet service providers, if required.
Pet Plus is just one of the ways you can tailor your roadside assistance with NRMA. To add this feature to your NRMA roadside assistance membership, contact NRMA direct.
Pet Lover’s Pack
Just as Pet Plus is designed to work as an add-on for NRMA roadside assistance members, its Pet Lover’s Pack works as an optional add-on for NRMA home insurance policyholders. Here’s what it’s got to offer:
- The Pet Lover’s Pack will cover up to $2,000 in vet costs for your dog or cat if they are hurt in an accident at home.
- Cover also extends to cover the cost of boarding your cat or dog if they cannot live in your home due to a listed event.
- Lastly, the add-on covers damage to your home and contents caused by your cat or dog.
With that in mind, the cover offered on the Pet Lover’s Pack does vary according to where you live. NRMA advises cover is provided as described above for properties insured in NSW, QLD, ACT and TAS. However, for properties insured in SA, WA and the NT, your home insurance doesn’t cover damage caused by your pets.
For further details, or to add this feature to your home insurance policy, contact NRMA direct.
While Pet Plus and the Pet Lover’s Pack may provide valuable cover in certain situations, it doesn’t provide comprehensive cover – and it’s not available to all pet owners.
To find a wide range of comprehensive pet insurance options, see how Australia’s top plans stack up here. With Top 10 Pet Insurance you can find, compare and choose the best pet insurance for your pet, with some great discounts to be found on our promo codes and coupons page.