Best 5 Longest Range Electric Cars In India
What is driving range of an electric car?
Driving range is the longest distance which is covered by an electric vehicle per charge. In India, all the electric cars are certified with ARAI driving range certification.
Driving range of an electric car is measured in certain standard conditions. This range can vary in the real-world driving. There are many factors which affect the driving range of an electric car.
Factors which affect the driving range of an electric car:
- Battery Capacity: Electric cars in the market come with different types of battery capacity so this is the main factor which determines the driving range of an electric car. If the electric car of your choice has a larger battery pack then it will give you a longer driving range.
- Driving Behavior: If we accelerate the electric vehicle very fast and make frequent braking then it will result in short driving range. Rapid acceleration will consume more power and it will drain the battery very fast.
- Speed: Driving the electric car on a high speed requires more energy and it will consume the battery rapidly. Drive the electric car on a low speed so it will give you a longer driving range.
- Terrain: When an electric car is being drove on a hilly road, it will consume more battery and result in short driving range.
- Temperature: Temperature also affects the driving range as it directly impact the battery. When there is extremely cold, it will affect the battery and driving range will be affected. If there is extremely hot temperature, more air conditioning will be required and it will result in short driving range.
- Energy Consumption: The use of features like headlamps, infotainment system requires more energy from battery and it increases load on the motor which will affect the driving range.
It is important to note that the driving range of an electric car is also affected by the type of model of vehicle and battery technology used in it and also affected by the road conditions.
Manufacturers provide he estimated driving range which is tested under standard conditions so the real-world driving range of same vehicle may vary.
Longest range Electric cars in India
There are many electric cars launched in India with different specs of driving range. Here are top 5 electric cars which provide the longest driving range.
|Electric Car||Driving Range|
|Tata Nexon EV Max||437 KM|
|BYD Atto 3||521 KM|
|Hyundai Ioniq 5||631 KM|
|Kia EV 6||708 KM|
|Mercedes Benz EQS||857 KM|
Tata Nexon EV Max (437 KM)
Tata launched several electric cars of different segments but Tata Nexon EV Max provides longest driving range among these cars. Nexon EV Max is similar to Nexon EV from outside but both have different type of battery pack.
It comes with a 40.5kWh battery pack which provides 437 Km of range per charge. This range is ARAI certified. This can be charged within 7 hours with a 7.2 kW AC fast charger and it also supports 50 kW DC fast charger which can charge it within less than an hour.
Tata Nexon EV Max is priced between Rs 16.49 lakh and Rs 19.54 lakh.
BYD Atto 3 (521 KM)
BYD is a Chinese electric car manufacturer. BYD introduced its second electric car in India which is BYD Atto 3. This electric car has a 60.48kWh battery pack which gives a range of 521 Km. This electric car can be charged with 80kW DC or 7.2kW AC chargers.
BYD Atto 3 comes in single variant priced at Rs 33.99 lakh.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 (631 KM)
Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric car is made on Hyundai’s Electric- Global Modular Platform (E-GMP). This car was showcased in Auto Expo 2023. It comes with a large 72.6 kWh battery pack and it can deliver a ARAI certified range of 631 Kms.
Hyundai claims that this car can be charged from 10-80 percent within 18 minutes using a 350 kW DC fast charger. The price of this electric car is Rs. 44.95 lakh.
Kia EV 6 (708 KM)
Kia launched its first electric car EV 6 in Indian automobile market and it becomes very popular. This electric car comes with a 77.4kWh battery pack and it comes with RWD and AWD variations.
Kia EV 6 got a ARAI certified range of 708 kms in a single charge. This is the best electric car which provides longest range in this price segment.
Kia EV 6 is priced at Rs.59.95 Lakh.
Mercedes Benz EQS (857 KM)
Mercedes-Benz launched its electric car EQS 580 in Indian market. This electric car comes with a 107.8 kW battery pack and dual motor setup which powers this vehicle.
Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 provides a ARAI certified range of 857 km. This electric sedan can be charged using a 200 kW DC charger. It is priced at Rs. 1.55 Cr.
This car provides the highest range among any electric car currently in India.
Conclusion: Longest range Electric cars in India
In conclusion, while considering features like infotainment system, TPMS, rear view camera and other advance features, driving range is the top specification to check about.
There are several electric cars available in India which provide driving range above 500 km. Some of these electric cars are very expensive and some are budget friendly. However, it all depends on the needs of the buyer.
Some factors like battery capacity, driving behavior, speed, temperature and terrain which affects the driving range of the electric car. One should keep these factors in mind while driving an electric car for a longer distance.
We have tried to explain everything about the driving range of an electric vehicle. We also explained battery capacity, ARAI certified range and ex-showroom price of Top 5 Longest range Electric cars in India in 2023.
I hope friends, that you have liked our today’s post. Share this post if you liked the post. And do comment.